How to Register a Visa Gift Card to Amazon By Daelyn Fortney, eHow Contributor
As of January 2011 Amazon.com, purveyor of everything from books to food to furniture, is the largest online retailer in the United States. The Seattle-based Internet giant is a logical choice for those looking to spend the Visa gift card that was received as a holiday or birthday gift. Amazon.com allows shoppers to easily enter a gift card, credit card or check card at checkout with a few clicks of the mouse.
Things You'll Need
- Visa gift card
1. Point your browser to Amazon.com. Search for the product you wish to purchase. Read through the product description and make note of the price.
2. Click the "Add to Cart" button located on the right side of the screen. Search for any additional items you would like to buy and follow the same process. Click "Proceed to Checkout" when you are ready to purchase.
3. Log into your account with your email address or password. Register for a new account if you have not previously purchased from Amazon.com.
4. Choose the address where you would like the item shipped and what method of shipping you prefer. Click the "Continue" button to proceed.
5. Select "Add a New Card" under the "Credit or Debit Cards" header. Enter your Visa gift card number and expiration date and click on "Add Your Card." Continue to the next page to review your selections.
6. Read through the following page and ensure that your order and shipping information are correct. Verify the final cost of the purchase, including tax and shipping charges. Complete your purchase and check your email for a confirmation receipt. Print the receipt if you would like a hard copy for your records.
7. Call Amazon.com customer service at if you have trouble adding the Visa gift card to your Amazon.com account.
Tips & Warnings
The Visa gift card can be added to your account prior to purchase by clicking on the "Add a Credit Card" link in the "My Account" section of the website. Select Visa and enter the card number and expiration date. Use your shipping address as the billing address for the card.
Check your Visa gift card balance prior to making your purchase at Amazon.com. Call the phone number on the back of your card to verify the total amount available on the gift card. You may also check your balance by visiting the Visa gift card issuer's website.
Daelyn Fortney is the co-founder and managing director of the animal rights and eco-friendly news source, This Dish Is Veg. Her expertise includes animal welfare, vegan and vegetarian nutrition and health and wellness. In addition to her work at TDIV, Fortney writes for Local.com and various other websites.
Next page: Gift Cards
Bookmark/Share This Page:
Gift Cards News
Wedding gifts get returned, gift cards go unused, survey of married couples finds - Bangor Daily News
Bangor Daily News
Wedding gifts get returned, gift cards go unused, survey of married couples finds
Bangor Daily News
Whatever happened to those gravy boats and candlesticks that you were given as wedding gifts years ago? How about all the gift cards you gave newlyweds because you could not find the right gift, ran out of time to look, or bought for convenience ...
Gift Cards On-The-Go with Bitcoin on CardCash - newsBTC
Gift Cards On-The-Go with Bitcoin on CardCash
Do you have bitcoins and don't know how to spend it on one of the large format stores or an e commerce site that does not accept bitcoin. There is a solution for that and it's called gift cards. There are many services that allows users to buy and sell ...